1. Washable Pre Filter. The air first enters pre filter, capturing the largest particles, which enhances the durability and performance of the other filters.
2. Washable Dust Collector Plates. The electrostatically-charged dust collector grid traps particles and pollutants like a magnet. This is similar to Friedrich C-90A, which is Consumer Reports' top-rated air purifier.
3. Activated Carbon Filter. The best type of air filter for trapping chemicals, gases, odors and cigarette smoke. According to Penn State Dept. of Aerobiological researchers, carbon filters serve to remove odors, volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and chemicals that other filters cannot.
4. High-Efficiency HEPA Filter. The most effective type of air filter at capturing dust, allergens and other solid particles (including bacteria). HEPA filters are recommended by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
5. Photocatalytic oxidation filter, TiO2 (titanium dioxide) filter; which effectively reduces chemicals, bacteria and odors. When combined with the UV light, TIO2 produces "super-oxide ions" and "hydroxyl radicals" (which are highly reactive electrons). These electrons have proven to be effective at destroying and/or neutralizing a wide variety of pollutants, including various chemicals, bacteria and odors.
6. Germicidal UV Lamp. The most effective way to destroy micro-organisms, such as germs, viruses, fungi (such as mold) and bacteria. Also destroys micro-organisms including those that are trapped by the HEPA air filter, preventing them from reproducing and recirculating through the room. UV lamps are recommended by the U.S. Centers of Disease Control.
7. Safe and Effective Ionizer. Circulates trillions of negative ions to neutralize floating pollutants throughout the room. A Journal of Hygiene study found negative ions to improve efficiency of filter units, and multiple studies (including those by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture) have found ionizers to be highly effective against dust, bacteria, etc. Finally, the Intelli-Pro's ionizer is proven to be safe, producing virtually no ozone whatsoever.
Home Air Purifier with ESP